1. The copyright of the Content (eg programs, information, data) and the Services of the website (site) maiko.gr that have been introduced in the Network, are protected by Greek, EU and international copyright laws.
2. The online store maiko.gr provides the Content (eg information, names, photos, illustrations), products and services available through the website “exactly as they are”. In no case the maiko.gr online store is not responsible for any claims of legal or civil and / or criminal nature or for any damage (positive, special or negative, which indicatively and not restrictively, divisively or cumulatively consists in loss of profits, lost profits, monetary satisfaction, etc.) by visitors of the website or third parties due to a reason related to the operation or not or the use of the website or the inability to provide services or information available from it or any unauthorized interference of third parties in products and / or services or information available through it. The photos of the products are indicative and we do not bear any responsibility for any spelling mistakes.
3. Prices are subject to change without notice. Price commitment is made only through online ordering and confirmation by the ordering department and not by the automated order registration message. customers about unavailability. The customer from the moment the order is processed by the order department and has confirmed his order, ensures that he will receive the product at the price at which he “accepted” the transaction even if the price changes in the process. In case the products or services are mentioned on the website with a wrong price due to a typographical error then the orders are automatically canceled. The site is not responsible for any damages that occur to the customer / user of the online store from the execution or not of the orders or from the delay of execution for any reason.
4. The use of the website must be done exclusively for legal purposes and in a way that does not restrict or impede its use by third parties. The visitor is obliged to use the website in accordance with the law, good manners and these terms, and not to perform acts or omissions that may cause damage or malfunction to it, affect or endanger the provision of services of maiko.gr.
5. The online store maiko.gr makes every possible effort for the good operation of its website, but does not guarantee that the operations of the website or servers will be uninterrupted or without any kind of error, free from viruses or other similar elements.
7. The names, images, logos and insignia that represent maiko.gr or third parties and their products or services, are exclusive trademarks of maiko.gr or third parties protected by the relevant trademark laws. Their appearance on the website should in no way be construed as a transfer or assignment of their license or right of use.
8. A visit to the website presupposes the unconditional acceptance of the above terms and the use of the services of maiko.gr, as they appear in the respective services.
A necessary condition for the commencement of the conciliation between us is the disclosure by you of some of your personal information. When you place an order, we will ask you for your full name, the address to which the products sold will be sent, your landline number and optionally any other telephone number for your best service and the communication between us in case of need, the your email address (e-mail) etc. Also other information such as name, VAT number, competent Tax Office in case of invoice issuance.
The activity maiko.gr, strictly following the principles of personal data protection provided by the relevant laws and international conventions will not proceed to any illegal and without your prior approval their use.
The above, in no way discloses, publishes, sells, exchanges personal data and information that you trust us. Your personal information may be made public by the company, always in compliance with the procedure provided by law when required by a public authority, court, etc.
A necessary condition for the commencement of the conciliation between us is the disclosure by you of some of your personal information. In order to be able to register on our website www.maiko.gr and / or to complete an order, we will ask you for your full name, the address to which the products will be sent, your telephone number and your e-mail address.
We are not going to use it unfairly and without your prior approval. In particular, the company in no way discloses, publishes, sells or exchanges personal data and information that you trust us.
You reserve the following rights:
- Right to information about your personal data: Upon your request, by sending an email to email@example.com, we will provide you with information about the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to correct your personal data: If you notify us about it, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will correct any inaccurate personal data that concern you.
- Right to delete your personal data: Upon your request, by sending an email to email@example.com, we will delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to object to the processing of your data: You may at any time object to the processing of your personal data in the future. In this case, we will stop the processing of your data, provided that there are no legal reasons for their further processing. The processing of your data for advertising purposes is not such a legitimate reason.
The personal information collected is used exclusively to provide you with the services you have requested (product delivery, order execution information, information on new products / offers, etc.)
Payment methods are governed by the strictest security rules.
Cash on delivery is considered an off-line transaction.
Payment by credit card is governed by very strict terms for both parties (seller – buyer) and imposes heavy penalties on either party attempting any unauthorized transaction (use of credit card by non-holder, use of credit card declared as stolen, credit card billing business without the holder’s approval, etc.)
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA?
1.1. Responsible for the processing of your personal data is the company with the name “MAIKO CUCINE I.K.E.”, which is based in Karditsa, 73 Ipsilantou str., phone: , e-mail address: [firstname.lastname@example.org].
A) Telephone Service at 2441080040 Monday to Sunday 9.00 to 14.00
B) Email to email@example.com
- WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Depending on the purpose for which we process your data from time to time, as explained above, we need to process one or more of your data, which will generally be, as the case may be, the following:
- Your identity (for example, your first name, last name, language and country from which you interact with us, contact information, etc.).
- Financial and transaction information (for example, your payment or card details, your purchasing information, orders, returns, etc.).
- Login data (for example your IP address when you are logged in).
- Commercial information (for example, if you have subscribed to our newsletter).
- HOW DO YOU LEGALIZE TO PROCESS YOUR DATA?
The legal basis that allows us to process your personal data also depends on the purpose for which we process it, as explained below:
3.1. Manage your registration as a Platform user
We process your data because it is necessary to execute the terms governing the use of the Platform. In other words, in order to be able to register as a user on the Platform, we must process your personal data, as otherwise we would not be able to manage your registration. If you choose to use the access or connection through a social network, we have the right to process your data based on the consent you give at the time of approval of the transfer of your data from the social network.
3.2. Development, fulfillment and execution of the contract for the purchase or provision of services
We process your data because it is necessary for the execution of the purchase or service contract with you. Some process-related data processing is enabled only because you request or approve it, such as saving payment data (card) for future purchases or processing the data needed to scan purchase receipts through the Application Wallet section or to provide you with the Coming soon / Back soon functions. In these cases, the processing of your data is based on your consent. We believe it is in our legitimate interest to carry out the necessary checks to detect and prevent possible fraud when making a purchase. We understand that the processing of this data is a positive sign for all parties involved when paying for a purchase and especially for you, as this allows us to take steps to protect you from fraudulent attempts by third parties.
3.3. Customer service
We consider it in our legitimate interest to respond to requests or inquiries raised by you through the various existing communication channels. We understand that the processing of this data is also beneficial to you, as it allows us to adequately assist you and answer the 8 questions you raise. When you contact us, specifically for the management of events related to your order or the product / service obtained through the Platform, the processing of your data is necessary for the execution of the purchase contract. When your question relates to the exercise of your rights which we inform you of below or to claims about our products or services, we are entitled to process your data in order to comply with our legal obligations.
- HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
The retention time of your data will depend on the purposes for which we process it, as explained below:
4.1. To manage your registration as a user of the Platform
We will process your data for as long as you remain a registered user (ie until you decide to unsubscribe).
4.2. Development, fulfillment and execution of the contract for the purchase or provision of services
We will process your data for the period of time required to manage the purchase of the products or services you have acquired, including any returns, complaints or claims related to the purchase of that particular product or service. Sometimes, we will only process the data until you decide, as in the case of the payment (card) data you have requested to store for future purchases.
4.3. Customer service
We will process your data for as long as it takes to satisfy your request or request.
We will process your data until you delete or cancel your subscription to the Newsletter. If you participate in promotions, we will retain your data for a period of 6 months from the expiration of the promotion.
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WHEN YOU PROVIDE US YOUR DATA?
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your personal data and to ensuring that you exercise your rights. Taking you into account, we at the Joint Data Processors have agreed that you can exercise your rights free of charge by writing us an email at a unique email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), simply stating the reason of your request and the right you want to exercise.
In case we consider it necessary to confirm your identity, we may request a copy of a document proving your identity. In particular, regardless of the purpose or legal basis on which we process your data, you have the following rights:
- Ask us for access to the data we have about you. We remind you that if you are a registered user of the Platform, you can also check this information in the section corresponding to your personal data.
- Ask us to delete your data to the extent that it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we should continue to process it as we have already explained to you above or when we no longer have the legitimacy to process it.
- Ask us to cancel or restrict the processing of your personal data, which means that in some cases you can ask us to temporarily suspend the processing of the data or to keep it beyond the required time when you need it.
If you have given us your consent to the processing of your data for any purpose, you also have the right to revoke it at any time. Some of the ways in which you can revoke your consent are explained in section 2 where we explain for what purposes we process your data.
When we have the right to process your data based on your consent or for the performance of the contract, as explained in section 3, you will also have the right to request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will have the right to receive the personal data you have given us in a structured, widely used and machine-readable form, in order to transmit it directly to another legal entity without hindrance on our part.
- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE US THE DATA OF THIRD PARTIES?
We offer functions or services that require us to process the personal third party data you provide to us, such as in the case of activating and sending the Gift Check or managing the Gift Check request. If you provide us with personal data of third parties, we guarantee that you have informed them of the purposes and manner in which we should process their personal data.
- RETURN / CHANGE POLICY
If you wish to return or replace the purchased product, you can return it within 14 calendar days from the date stated on the purchase receipt. More information on the return / change policy can be found here .
For more information you can contact us.